Community Memorial Hospital & Clinic Foundation
OUR COMMITMENT TO A HEALTHY FUTURE
The Redfield Community Memorial Hospital and Clinic Foundation was founded in 1994 and is a non-profit organization. It operates independently of the Hospital and Clinic. The Foundation is governed by a voluntary board of directors recruited from the community.
The purpose of the Foundation is to help meet the needs of health care in the Community Memorial Hospital and Redfield Clinic that are not included in the hospital budget. The Foundation does this by receiving and investing donations from the public and making grants for specific equipment and projects. Staff bring requests to the CMHC administration, who evaluate requests and forward appropriate opportunities to the Foundation for consideration by the board.
The Foundation has raised funds to support the CMHC through grants. Its mission statement is “To ensure the provision of quality healthcare and services to residents of Redfield and its surrounding communities by providing financial support to the Community Memorial Hospital and Clinic.”
In a 1997 campaign, the Foundation raised more than $750,000 in current and deferred gifts to build its funds and enable it to purchase equipment needed by the hospital. In a 2009 campaign, the Foundation raised more than $250,000 to furnish the hospital’s renovation and expansion project
Foundation Purchases from Designated Monies:
- Purchased and installed Skytron surgical light for the surgery suite
- Blood pressure machine to be used on patients from the newborn to the elderly
- Cardiac monitor for the emergency room
- Oximetry for the Respiratory Therapy Department
- Two pulse oximeters (one for hospital and one for clinic)
- Exercise bike to be used in the Cardiac Rehab Program
- 20 manikins for teaching cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Life size spine model for patient education in the PT Dept
- PCA II Pump so patients can control their own pain medications after surgery
- QRS/Medicair Spirometer for pulmonary function testing in the Respiratory Therapy Department
- Cholestech D.X. for the Laboratory
- Automatic doors for Redfield Clinic front entrance
- Hill Rom Advance Bed with scale for CCU Unit
- Ultrasound Electrical/Light Therapy unit for PT Dept
- August, 2004 New Clinic Equipment, scales, exam tables for Redfield Clinic Addition/Remodel project
Mary O'Donnell, Chairman
Jordann Hansen, Vice Chairman
Marsha Solheim, Secretary
Angela Rice, Treasurer
Judy Carroll, Executive Director
*Hospital Courtyard/Healing Garden
Previous Purchases from Designated Funds:
Television set for Physical Therapy Department, Television Trays for patient rooms, Recliners for patient rooms, 2 Fax Machines and Printer for the hospital and clinic offices.
Hydraulic Ambulance Cart (part Ambulance Funds - Foundation paid balance)
The Foundation has also assisted with doctor recruitment expenses.